• CZECHOWICE-DZIEDZICE
  • Obradowało XVIII Zgromadzenie Ogólne Związku Powiatów Polskich
  • BUCZKOWICE
  • PORĄBKA
  • SZCZYRK
  • JAWORZE
  • JASIENICA
  • KOZY
  • WILAMOWICE
  • WILKOWICE
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • Kultura kluczem do naszej wyobraźniPowiat Bielski Więcej
  • Sportowe podsumowanie 2016 rokuPowiat Bielski Więcej
  • „Plony jesieni” opanowały „Święto Powiatu Bielskiego”Powiat Bielski Więcej
  • Pieszo przez szlaki powiatu bielskiegoPowiat Bielski Więcej
  • Laureat XVIII edycji Nagrody im.ks. LondzinaPowiat Bielski Więcej
  • XVIII Powiatowe Spotkania Amatorskich Grup Artystycznych "SAGA" Powiat Bielski Więcej
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6

English

29 Sty 2013
District of Bielsko came into existence after administrative reform of the country from 1st of January 1999. It consists of 10 communes. 8 of them (Jaworze, Jasienica, Buczkowice, Kozy, Porąbka, Szczyrk, Wilamowice, Wilkowice) hail from former voivodship of Bielsko. Remaining two communes (Bestwina and Czechowice-Dziedzice ) belonged before the reform to the voivodship of Katowice.
District of Bielsko is situated on the borderland of two extensive historical lands: The Silesia and The Little Poland. This historical fact has caused that completely different cultures mixed together in this region. These cultures have contributed a lot of values and created unique cultural heritage of this land.
During the reign of polish duke Mieszko the First, the White River, which divided the lands of Silesia and Little Poland was treated as a border. The oldest settlement has concentrated on the northern areas of present-day district, and has been gradually expanding in the mountains’ direction.
At the end of the XIII century, thanks to the duke of Teschen Mieszko the first, groups of settlers from Western Europe and colonists from Germany appeared in this region.
Settlers were concentrated in Wilamowice and villages situated in the neighborhood of Bielsko. The new colonists both with former settlers created specific language, which is called nowadays Wilamowice`s (Flemish) enclave. It is an archaic form of old-German and Dutch languages.
The language as well as national costume, folk music and country dances are protected and cultivate till now.
In 1337 both princedoms were joined to the Kingdom of Czech Republic, but from 1457 became a part of Auschwitz’s princedom.
After a first partition of Poland (in1772) the region of Bielsko belonged to Austria. This situation was held to the1918, when Poland reborn. The White River still was a border between Teschen`s Silesian (under germanization ) and the land of Auschwitz ( belonging to Galicia) which had cultural autonomy.
The XIX century was a time of industrial revolution in Europe. During that period Bielsko and Biała become an important industrial & trade centre. Investments were effected also in villiges also the second big industrial centre arose in Czechowice and Dziedzice (these communes were united in 1940). During the interwar period the area of present district belonged to different administrative units. The stormy history of the region of Bielsko and situation on the borderland of Czech Republic and Poland have had enormous influence on the culture, tradition, architecture and local customs in District of Bielsko.